Thursday, May 1, 2008

Deliverable Set A

For my R&D paper I decided to go with the topic: RSS and its use in Management Information Systems. I choose this because I have been seeing this RSS symbol on a lot of web pages and was not really sure what is was all about so I figured this would be a good topic for me to learn about.

I have started looking for articles and have already found that his will be a very interesting topic. There are about seven different definitions for RSS currently in use: some of them I found so far are Rich Site Summary, RDF Site Summary, and the original Really Simple Syndication.

I guess my first question for this assignment will be how to use this media delivery format in MIS? I think I will begin at Wikipedia to get some background on RSS then move on to applications.

3 comments:

hamdel said...

Rich,

this is a very interesting topic, indeed. I recently started using RSS feeds myself. I have to say, I love the concept. I'm even using some on my blog page (near the bottom), subscribing to content related to my R&D topic as well. You can also check out my 4/29/08 post.

success on your paper!
hrt

Julie's Blog said...

Hi Rich,
You and Hemdel sparked my curiosity with the RSS feed, so I added one to my site.

I too always wondered what that meant - Now I know! It was really fun to learn. I wasn't too original, I added the one Hamdel had - CIO.com :)

Good luck with the paper!
Julie

Rich_MCTE 620 said...

Thanks for the comments Julie and Hamdel,
I'm doing my paper on RSS and didn't even think of subscribing to one (or many) myself!! Duh!